I have been waiting so patiently to post this one! I was asked to do this wedding guest book tree as a custom order back in March. I was given a picture of a tree that was used to have wedding guests sign the leaves then the idea is to frame the paper and you have a piece of art and also a fabulous souvenir of your wedding. This lady wanted one on wood! How great of an idea is that? So, we discussed colours, font etc. and because the couple already have a child she asked me to add an extra bird in (awww!) Then I went to work and I LOVE how it turned out. Of course, because it was a surprise for the bride and groom and their wedding wasn’t until the beginning of May I promised I wouldn’t post it before the wedding. I certainly don’t want to spoil any surprises!! I hope they love it, too.
I finally finished my ornaments and listed them in my shop. (Well they have been done for a bit it just took me time to get it together and take photos, write descriptions and all that fun stuff.
The wood ornaments are almost like miniature versions of my signs. They are actually made from the odds and ends leftover from hubby cutting wood to size. Back in September I had been looking at a pile of the wood bits trying to think what they could be transformed into when suddenly the light bulb went off …christmas ornaments, of course!
Here is what I came up with:
And then I have really been loving all the tree branch ornaments I have been seeing. I showed my hubby the ones my sister made and the next thing I knew he brought me a pile of a sliced up branch he chopped down from one of his jobs. Here is what I came up with:
And that has been my christmas ornament fun so far. I have done a few christmas signs, too that I am excited about. Those will be posted soon.
I have to admit that it has taken me a little time to do the photos. We have moved since my last real set of photos and it takes time to find the right spot in the house with the right light. Also, I used to use the wood floor in our old place as the back drop for my photos so I had to creatively come up with something new. In the end I (mostly) used a pile of driftwood I have as a back drop and I am quite happy with how it turned out.